Home > Life in General > 20.14 to 12.12 !

20.14 to 12.12 !

September 27th, 2003

What more is there to say?

Categories: Life in General Tags:
  1. Andrew
    September 27th, 2003 at 19:46 | #1

There is a very special pleasure in seeing Eddie McGuire being unable to use his clout to get his own way for two years in a row.

Hopefully he’ll do a Dalek “does-not-compute” sytems failure and topple over in a puff of acrid smoke.

Yay Briz

2. Ron Mead
    September 27th, 2003 at 20:38 | #2

I hate Collingwood. But not nearly as much as I detest an AFL team that uses the French(!) national anthem as their team song.

3. September 27th, 2003 at 21:02 | #3

What an incredible football team! If you were in Melbourne this last week you would think they had no hope.
    I’ll be at Brunswick St Sunday morning (like every year!) and be cheering the greatest footy team ever!
    GO LIONS!!!

ps They have the sweetest anthem of all.

4. September 27th, 2003 at 21:12 | #4

Congrats, John. Um, Tex? They’re not Fitzroy any more. Best decision they ever made was to leave Melbourne; now look at them!

5. September 27th, 2003 at 22:55 | #5

Amazing effort, and makes me feel a lot better about the Swans having lost to them. And what about Lethal, eh? What a career.

Can they make it 4?

6. September 28th, 2003 at 01:46 | #6

We were probably France’s allies when Fitzroy adopted the song. You reactionary.

7. Brian
    September 28th, 2003 at 09:20 | #7

It is a wonderful song, and a century or more out of copyright. I still feel uncomfortable about it as it seems to me discourteous. And the Lions sing so badly! Wooden spooners in that department.

Speaking of discourtesy, does any-one else think Collingwood could have stayed on field to listen to Micael Voss’s speech. We had the winning captain congratulating them for their effort, and he was talking to their backs as they scarpered!

8. Mark Upcher
    September 28th, 2003 at 12:43 | #8

Anyone but Collingwood – ABC.

9. September 28th, 2003 at 12:44 | #9

I believe it’s traditional for Collingwood to be sore losers; for instance, when Peter Moore threw his runners-up medal away after the 1979 grand final.

10. Dave Ricardo
    September 28th, 2003 at 22:32 | #10

*But not nearly as much as I detest an AFL team that uses the French(!) national anthem as their team song.*

How sweet it is.

11. John
    September 29th, 2003 at 09:03 | #11

I just sing along with the original words.

12. David J
    September 29th, 2003 at 09:58 | #12

I wasn’t surprised they walked off after Black’s speech in which he thanked every man and his dog without so much as a word for the ‘pies.

Still there was a small measure of satisfaction in seeing my second most detested team beat Eddiewood.

13. September 29th, 2003 at 10:59 | #13

Well, it’s not like Collingwood actually turned up to play.

14. rdb