Home > World Events > No surprises here

No surprises here

April 16th, 2004

Paul Krugman
You are Paul Krugman! You’re a brilliant economist
with a knack for both making sense of the
current economic situation and exposing the
Bush administration’s lies about it. You
somehow came out as the best anti-war writer on
the Op-Ed staff. Other economists hate your
guts for selling out to the liberals. To hell
with ‘em.

Which New York Times Op-Ed Columnist Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Categories: World Events Tags:
  1. Louis Hissink
    April 16th, 2004 at 20:31 | #1

Safire so it seems, and is Sepp coming to correct me, John ?

2. Warbo
    April 16th, 2004 at 21:00 | #2

I’m Safire as well. Stupid bloody thing!

The other day I took a test that concluded I was a Grammar God. Obviously that one was much better designed.

3. April 16th, 2004 at 21:33 | #3

Kristof the Grammar God…

4. April 16th, 2004 at 21:54 | #4

I am Krugman. No really, I really AM Krugman.
    Only foolin’.
    Had you goin’ there for a minute, didn’t I?

5. April 16th, 2004 at 23:17 | #5

‘Fraid I’m Krugman, too, John. I opted for the lotto numbers and had never heard of that film director, and suspect it was these displays of craven cultural insensitivity that branded me an economist. Unfair, I know. Still, if the NYT it has to be, Krugman is as good as it gets(I prefer his old room-mate, myself).

6. April 17th, 2004 at 00:58 | #6

Yup, Kruggers too.

7. April 17th, 2004 at 02:23 | #7

Another Krugman. I too had never heard of the film director. But who is this Krugman? Or, come to that, Safire? They can’t be important if they don’t appear in the Spectator.

Is this another of those psychic mind reader quizzes that rig the solution so they leave out the card you concentrate on (by leaving out all the cards they offered you to concentrate on)?

I am reminded of the following old story:

Boy: “I may not have a million dollars in a trust like Alphonse, and I may not have a beach cottage like Alphonse, and I may not have an E-type Jaguar like Alphonse, but I love you!”

Girl: “And I love you too, dear, but tell me more about Alphonse.”

8. April 17th, 2004 at 03:18 | #8

Krugman too. I wanted to be Dowd, dammit.

9. Jim Toohey
    April 17th, 2004 at 18:23 | #9

Paul Krugman – just goes to show how really out of kilter this thing is.

10. michael
    April 18th, 2004 at 00:48 | #10

Oh god I was Dowd,

the shame, the shame

11. Jim
    April 18th, 2004 at 10:39 | #11

I am Dowd too. How awful. I am much better looking than she is.

12. April 19th, 2004 at 01:31 | #12

Kristof. Sanctimonious, moi sanctimonious?

13. dsquared
    April 19th, 2004 at 19:38 | #13

I’m not going to do this because I suspect it may tell me I’m David Brooks.

14. stephen
    April 20th, 2004 at 11:17 | #14

I got to be Kristof, for the sole reason that I’m more interested in China than Iraq! (I tested: if it had been Iraq, I’d have been a Krugman). Now I’m puzzled: why isn’t everybody interested in
    China, given it is shaping up to be the world’s next superpower and is likely to overtake the US by the turn of this century, or in 150 years at most?

15. April 20th, 2004 at 12:52 | #15

Actually, China isn’t significant to Australia in that respect. For us, it’s a question of which remote uninterested party will set the rules of the game. India, on the other hand, is far more significant. So is our current terrorist etc. situation.