Home > Life in General > A quick request

A quick request

July 13th, 2008

Can anyone tell me where (in Brisbane, or delivered here) I can buy pate campagne? Feel free to provide recipes also, though most I’ve seen are look hard or too time-consuming for me.*

* Which reminds me of a variant on an old joke.
Q:What do economists make for dinner? A: Reservations.

Categories: Life in General Tags:
  1. SJ
    July 13th, 2008 at 16:36 | #1

Franck Food in South Oz has it for $4.50 plus $4.00 postage. (Postage is $4.00 for orders up to $30.00)

They’ve got other interesting stuff too, like crocodile, emu and ostrich pates.

2. jquiggin
    July 13th, 2008 at 16:38 | #2

Aren’t teh Intertubes wonderful?

Thanks very much, SJ.

3. Mark U
    July 13th, 2008 at 23:47 | #3

Is this to be consumed with your chardonnay? :-)

4. July 14th, 2008 at 00:24 | #4

Surely you jest, Mark U. It would have to be with a pinot noir or one of the spicier light reds.

5. Rose
    July 14th, 2008 at 03:35 | #5

Hi John – I’d second Franck Food. The owners of the company are French and their pates are excellent. I highly recommend their wild boar and red wine pate.

6. Alan
    July 14th, 2008 at 09:59 | #6

The world going to hell in an overcooking handbasket, runs on the banks in the US, doom and gloom abounding but we are being asked to search for the pate de campagne. V funny. Made me laugh out loud. Next time I am out in the campagne I will divert my truffle-seeking dog from his main task and see if he can sniff out a cheeky pate.
    Obvious references to soon to be beheaded French Queens are to be resisted.

7. wilful
    July 14th, 2008 at 10:40 | #7

Oh I’m sorry Alan *insert gnashing of teeth and rending of sackcloth here*

get your own blog?

8. July 15th, 2008 at 08:48 | #8

I just popped a quite delicious Penfolds 1978 last night. You can well imagine my consternation when I found that Grimsby hadn’t brought back the crystalware from the chateaux, so we had to make do with ordinary glassware.

That Grimsby! If it weren’t for his skills with hedging shears and vaseline, he would have been out the gate some time ago. I’ve set him to cleaning out the stables today as punishment.

9. July 15th, 2008 at 15:22 | #9

Postscript:

Grimsby did a fine job of the stables, you would almost think he had licked every cobblestone clean. So I am allowing him back into the servants’ quarters tonight, provided he doesn’t molest the grooms and pages again.

I might need to give him additional duties as an almoner, a ditcher or even a cottar! The lady of the house thinks he would serve best as a gong farmer, but it would not be right to set a skilled hayward to such tasks.

Brendan Nelson and Alex are coming to dinner next week, I night assign some special duties to Grimsby for the evening’s entertainment. He he he…

10. July 15th, 2008 at 16:46 | #10

How does Grimsby look these days? Are you still enjoying the sight of him in fishnets, you odd old thing?

11. July 17th, 2008 at 10:52 | #11

Grismy hasn’t touched the fishnets since that night when Alexander chased him around the ramparts and down the back passage to the well. We found Grimsby the next morning, curled among the daffodils in a foetal position, muttering “Oh yes, I’ve been a very naughty terrorist, oh yes…”

12. July 18th, 2008 at 11:49 | #12

Master, you said you would never tell! I know nobody ever reads economist blogs, but still. If those photos ever got out it could be a major blow to Lexy’s credibility, such as it is.

BTW is Brendan still coming next week?

13. July 18th, 2008 at 13:04 | #13

Grimsby! I will NOT have you casting aspersions on Brendon’s future in public, even if this blog’s server IS usually down.

And don’t worry about the photos: they are safely locked away in a Lichtenstein bank.

14. July 18th, 2008 at 13:06 | #14

Sorry, that last post was me – Grimsby’s been using my laptop! LOL

15. July 18th, 2008 at 14:40 | #15

One should be chastising one’s servants for such behaviour. Perhaps clean out and use the dungeons for a while.

16. July 18th, 2008 at 15:27 | #16

Bit of a problem with the dungeons I’m afraid, Andrew – I leased them out to ASIO a few years back and they’ve been chock-a-block ever since. Not a bad little earner, mind you, if you don’t mind the blood-curdling howls in the middle of the night.

Nevertheless I will be meting out some firm punishment to Grimsby just as soon as I get all this damned vaseline off my keyboard.

17. July 19th, 2008 at 22:59 | #17

Have a chat with the ASIO chaps, they can be quite reasonable. Suggest the room with that water board thingy be soundproofed. It certainly helped in a few other cases I know of.
    Otherwise, I would suggest the whole thing can be handed over to those American chappies. They seem to be paying well for such real estate at the moment.

18. Eric Westman
    July 20th, 2008 at 00:50 | #18

Sorry, I gave up meat and dairy when I discovered how much less of an impact a plant-based diet makes on AGW.