Home > Regular Features > Monday Message Board

Monday Message Board

December 7th, 2009

It’s time, once again for the Monday Message Board. Post comments on any topic. As usual, civilised discussion and no coarse language.

Categories: Regular Features Tags:
  1. TerjeP (say tay-a)
    December 10th, 2009 at 19:34 | #1

Alice – I really don’t see any evidence that Abbott has a problem with female support. Perhaps you have seen some evidence but it is yet to materialise. Mean while you seem to be jumping at shadows.

2. Alice
    December 10th, 2009 at 20:53 | #2

@Alicia

The disgust with NSW labor is at a crescendo …… people who have never voted Liberal will do so and the Greens will pick up a lot of votes and I hope they do and think carefully where their preferences go. NSW Labor can just go (just get!) IMHO.

Id realy like it if Marie Bashir just steeled herself and stepped in and sacked the lot of them now. For a going away present, they could each be given a framed print of the last twenty five Sydney transport plans they have unveiled with much media hype and fanfare but never started….an apt going away present. Then a one way bus ticket.

Terje. You are getting personal. I commented on your poll from my view on your numbers. Ill wait for the evidence to materialise. It will. Abbott is a JH clone with not many policies of his own. The electorate erased JH and they will see too much likeness not to do the same to his deputy. Date my prediction.

3. December 10th, 2009 at 23:29 | #3

Lelmgeove
    adgd

4. Alice
    December 11th, 2009 at 05:17 | #4

spam alert JQ

5. boconnor
    December 11th, 2009 at 06:31 | #5

@Alice

Yes, the NSW government is a disgrace. But I’m not so sure the Liberals will be much better. As I understand it they have a strong right wing base that is very socially conservative. So their social policies could be shockers. I do hope the Greens get substantially more votes next election.

And true, it will be good to see Obeid and his ilk gone.

6. Fran Barlow
    December 11th, 2009 at 06:45 | #6

But I’m not so sure the Liberals will be much better.

said boconnor@ 4 above.

I’m certain they won’t be. On March 26 2011 we will have the choice between venal, reckless and incompetent morons in power and venal, reckless and even less competent morons who’d like to be in power.

It would be nice to think the Greens could get the balance of power and drive change, but I don’t see that happening.

7. gerard
    December 11th, 2009 at 07:01 | #7

But I’m not so sure the Liberals will be much better.

as long as they keep their hands off Nimbin…

8. TerjeP (say tay-a)
    December 11th, 2009 at 07:42 | #8

Alice – you are entitled to your opinion. Questioning it or disagreeing with it is not getting personal.

9. Alice
    December 11th, 2009 at 09:10 | #9

Fair enuf Terje…..

10. Donald Oats
    December 11th, 2009 at 10:08 | #10

What’s with the spammers, I can’t tell their bizarro codes from contrarian talking points.

11. Alice
    December 11th, 2009 at 11:13 | #11

@Donald Oats
    LOL Don – its ALS code for ‘we will destroy you all’……

Comment pages